Good day to you readers and subscribers. I wold like to speak a little about hearing and understanding the Voice of God/ The Holy Spirit.
First of all, God does speak!! He does so in an audible voice, through His Word, via the means of the gift of Word of Knowledge and by impressing things in your hearts and minds.
Additionally the three three things He will say are no, wait and yes base on pending the situations.
With that said, there are a lot of people particularly Christians who struggle with hearing and understanding God's Voice. And struggle even more to understand when He speaks or is speaking.
I would love to give some basic tools or points on this very wide and interesting topic.
1. In order to hear and understanding His voice, one has to have a relationship with God. That is, you would need to connect with Him via the written Word, which is God's revelation to man, because His Word reveals His character, therefore read the Word of God!
2. Since His Word in Scripture is closely aligned to His will, its very important to filter what is being said through the scriptures. He never speaks outside of scriptures, quit trying to hear anything "new" of mystic.
3. Obedience should always be the end result of one hearing from God, after you would have proof and validated what was said,who said, then the next thing is your response in obedience.
Many persons desire to hear from God only if the instruction, or information sees to be "grand". However, just hearing Him speak to us regarding our time at work,our attitude towards a person is still relevant even if it seems insignificant.
3. Start small. Its not entirely small when it comes to God, however there are things we deem as small versus big instruction from God. I would like to suggest however that listening to God about going to pray, read your bible and help someone with an encouraging word is a very good way to start. Don't despise small instructive and direct commands as listed in the Bible.
4. Seek mentorship from an unbiased christian brother or sister to help you through your journey. Filter your experiences through your mentor and be always guided by wisdom from someone mature and that means you well.
With that said, contniue to develop your relationship the Lord and obey His Word.